As far back as 2008, Stephen Forbus began working directly with families in crisis, i.e., those families who had an urgent financial need caused by the death or illness of a spouse, or unpaid medical expenses related to the care of an injured or ill child. The NNPRC provides an overhead organization that can act as a 501(c)(3) for families so that they are able to raise more money, and receive tax-deductible sponsors and contributions for their cause. All families must meet eligibility factors.
Supporting Fundraising for Families in Crisis
Marketing and Message Writing
Apply Here for Support
- Are you applying on behalf of a family member or friend?
- Is the family’s need the result of the death, illness or serious injury of a spouse or child?
- Has the family sought help from other social service organizations who can validate the general need?
- Will you enlist the help of other family members and friends to provide help to the family in crisis?
- Has the family’s crisis resulted in unmet medical or cost-of-living expenses, including food, housing, and services or household upgrades medically necessary for a member of their immediate family? (Example: A family member who has become disabled may need equipment, home remodeling to make the home handicap accessible, or caused the family the loss of income from a spouse — all needs not met by medical insurance alone.)
- Will you take responsibility for making sure that any fundraising activities meet ethical standards as outlined by NNPRC?
If you feel we can help you raise money for a family in crisis, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.